Things to remember if you visit:
- Daytime Visiting Hours for patients admitted to the hospital are 5:00 am - 8:00 pm. At 8:00 pm, a member of our security team or the house supervisor will visit rooms to issue visitor badges to those staying beyond daytime visiting hours. Anyone arriving after 8:00 pm should enter through the ER entrance and visit the ER registration desk, where they will sign in and receive a badge. For more information concerning visitor hours, including specific visitor hours and exceptions for our Mother-Baby Care Unit, please see our Visiting Hours. Thank you for your attention to our visitation hours, as this helps us keep our patients, visitors, and staff members safe throughout the day and night!
- Please do not visit if you have a cold, flu, cough, diarrhea or other contagious illness.
- Too many visitors make it harder for staff to provide care to patients and for patients to relax and recover. Please limit the number of visitors in a patient room to a reasonable number.
- Babies and children younger than 10 years of age may find a visit to the hospital to see a loved one stressful and may find it difficult to be quiet. These visits can place an additional burden on the patient and staff. Exercise discretion when visiting with young children by limiting the number and duration of visits. Never leave children unattended in patient rooms or waiting areas.
- Many of our patients have special requirements for their diet while at Clinton Memorial Hospital (CMH) because of their condition, tests, procedure or medication. Check with your loved one's nurse or physician prior to bringing candy, food or beverages to share.
- Ask your loved one's nurse before bringing flowers, plants or balloons. Some patients may be sensitive.
- Do not bring weapons—including knives and guns—drugs, alcohol or other illegal substances to the hospital.
CMH has a Wilmington Savings Bank ATM, located outside the front entrance to the CMH cafeteria.
There are phones available for public use by the CMH atrium entrance and in the lobby of the CMH Professional Building.
Vending machines (with a variety of snacks and soft drinks) are located outside the front entrance to the CMH cafeteria and on the ground floor off of the back of the CMH atrium (hallway to the left after radiology).
A variety of options are available at each meal along with cereal, fresh salad, hot soups, sandwiches, pizza, desserts, coffee, soft drinks, juice, milk, water and snacks, which are available daily. We have vegetarian, diabetic, à la carte, home-cooked favorites, grill line specials and to-go boxed options available daily.
Our hot breakfast line serves a selection of eggs, breakfast meats and other home-cooked favorites such as potatoes, waffles or cinnamon rolls. Our hot lunch line serves at least two daily entrees, two vegetables and selected side dishes along with the daily special and our grill line items like chicken breast sandwiches, hamburgers and grilled cheese. Our dinner hot line serves traditional dinner fare entrees ranging from tortellini to enchiladas to jerk chicken, along with sides and vegetables.
The cafeteria's spacious dining room is available 24/7. Clinton Memorial Hospital (CMH) also offers a guest plate option for those visitors who would like to stay in a patient's room for their meal. Guests may order from the same menu that our patients order from. Guest orders can be placed by calling ext. 9723 between 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., with deliveries beginning at 11 a.m. The meal will be delivered to the patient's room within 30 to 45 minutes of the order or within 10 minutes of a chosen delivery time if ordered well in advance. Meals are to be paid upon delivery to the patient's room. The charge for a guest meal is $5 and is payable in cash.
The CMH cafeteria is open weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and weekends from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Breakfast: 6:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Quick convenience items are available all other times.
Flowers and Mail
To send flowers to a patient at CMH, contact any local florist that delivers to CMH, and give them the hospital's address: 610 W. Main St. You will also need to provide the patient's first and last name. The flowers will be delivered to the hospital's main desk and then delivered to the patient's room by a volunteer. Mail can be sent to a patient's attention at the same address.
The CMH gift shop is located in the atrium of Clinton Memorial Hospital and is open from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. The gift shop sells a variety of items, including greeting cards, balloons, fresh flowers, gifts for babies, toys, fashion jewelry, handbags, scarves and ladies' apparel. Gift baskets are available and made per request and can include anything from personal care items to gourmet snacks from Robert Rothschild Farms.
Phone orders for delivering cards, flowers, balloons and other items to patients are accepted with a major credit card by calling 937.283.9722.
We welcome patients of all faiths and spiritual backgrounds, and we do our best to provide adequate support to all of our patients and their loved ones. The Galen and Elizabeth Hoggatt Chapel, located on the first floor, is available for use at any time. CMH Chaplains.
We also recognize the need for ongoing pastoral care and spiritual wellness and have on-call CMH volunteer chaplains available to provide pastoral care for patients and families. Chaplains are ordained or recognized ministers, priests, or sisters of a congregation or denomination. The chaplain on call is available by phone day or night. If requested by the patient, area ministers will be notified by Volunteer Services when members of their congregation are hospitalized or when there is a patient without a congregation who would like support. Tell your nurse if you would like to see someone from this list or your own spiritual leader.