Within our surgical services department, CMH also operates an Ambulatory Care Clinic (ACC). The ACC is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm, and is staffed by experienced IV nurses. These nurses are skilled in the use of ultrasound guidance for lab draws or IV starts, and have years of experience encompassing varied aspects of patient care, certification in infusion nursing, and certification in chemotherapy administration. We provide infusion treatment for patients with anemia, arthritis, Crohn's disease, chronic wound infections, low testosterone levels, and more. Our services include:
- Ultrasound guided PICC, midline, or peripheral IV placement
- Central access device care: lab draws, monthly port flush, routine dressing changes, thrombotic occlusion treatment (Cathflo
- Activase instillation)
- Urinary (or suprapubic) catheter change
- Bladder ultrasound for urinary retention
- IV Sodium Bicarbonate pre and post CT scan
- Anemia management for chronic anemia secondary to Chronic Kidney Disease. Approved protocols used for Procrit and/or IV Venofer for qualified patients.