Emergency ServicesCall 937-382-6611
Our emergency room (ER) at Clinton Memorial Hospital understands that in an emergency, seconds matter most. Our team of physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, and techs are fast, efficient, knowledgeable and capable of handling a wide range of medical emergencies.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, survive, don't drive - call 911.
Acute Stroke Ready
CMH is certified by The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital. The certification recognizes hospitals equipped to treat stroke patients with timely, evidence-based care prior to transferring them to a Primary or Comprehensive Stroke Center. CMH undergoes rigorous onsite reviews every two years to assess its compliance with the Joint Commission’s Advanced Disease-Specific Care certification requirements, including:
- A dedicated stroke-focused program
- Staffing by qualified medical professionals trained in stroke care
- Collaboration with local emergency management agencies
- 24/7 ability to perform rapid diagnostic and laboratory testing
- Ability to administer intravenous clot-busting medications to eligible patients
- Availability of telemedicine technology
Stroke is the number five cause of death and a leading cause of adult disability in the United States, according to the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. On average, someone suffers a stroke every 40 seconds; someone dies of a stroke every four minutes; and 795,000 people suffer a new or recurrent stroke each year.