CMH Regional Health System offers Interventional Radiology services to perform minimally-invasive, targeted procedures using x-rays, computerized tomography and other types of imaging methods.
Through an extremely small opening, about the size of a skin nick, and imaging guidance techniques, interventional radiologists can diagnose and treat a wide variety of vascular disorders, control symptoms related to uterine fibroids, dissolve or treat blood clots, shrink various types of tumors, treat blockages involving the kidney or liver, manage/palliate pain, and treat many other conditions.
Procedures performed by Interventional Radiologists include:
- Angioplasty and Vascular Stenting
- Catheter Angiography
- Catheter Embolization
- Computed Tomography (CT)—Angiography
- Detachable Coil Embolization
- Endovenous Ablation of Varicose Veins
- Needle Biopsy of Lung (Chest) Nodules
- Radiofrequency Ablation of Liver Tumors
- Radiofrequency Ablation of Lung Tumors
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Vascular Access Procedures
|Learn more about our Diagnostic Imaging services (Powerpoint presentation).|
|Learn more about our Interventional Radiology services (Powerpoint presentation).|
For more information about Interventional Radiology call 937.283.9764 or 937.725.1419.