Cancer Center Quick Facts
- Size: 18,000 square feet on two acres.
- Cost: $8 million, with approximately $3 million of that in equipment
expense, paid from CMH resources, no public funds used.
- Capital Campaign goal: $3 million.
- Construction start: March 2006.
- Completion: February 2007.
- The new cancer center provides easy and timely access to a multitude
of services for cancer patients and caregivers, integrating
various oncology specialties in one location.
- The integrated center features the latest technologies offered in treatment “neighborhoods” throughout
- To assure outstanding care, the cancer center’s radiation therapy
suite houses a linear accelerator, computed tomography simulator,
treatment planning system, physics equipment and state-of-the-art
- The CMH cancer center offers patient and family friendly treatment areas
for chemotherapy treatment.
- The CMH center has a comfortable
environment where patients have much control over their surroundings.
- A library offers books and videos, as well as access to an online medical
- A positive appearance boutique in the center offers both male and female
patients the products and services to cope with their unique
cosmetic and comfort needs.
- Healing garden complements drug or technology based treatments performed
at the center.
- Nutritional, psychosocial, pastoral and financial counseling helps ease
Back to top