Blanchester Medical Services
Blanchester Medical Services offers a full range of primary healthcare services, for all age ranges. Both family practice physicians have privileges at Clinton Memorial Hospital. Physicians may or may not be able to provide you direct care while in the hospital, but will be in daily contact with the inpatients care team.
When calling please be ready to provide your name, date of birth, phone number, allergies and correct spelling of medicine names (remember, many medicines sound the same). Our goal is to answer:
- Emergency calls immediately.
- Urgent calls will be answered within four hours.
- Non-urgent calls within 24 hours. If you have an emergency after hours, call (877) 844-2550 and you will be connected to the appropriate covering doctor. You can help us return your phone call faster by calling us only once with each message. Multiple phone calls delay us answering your question. Only make duplicate calls if you have not heard from us according to the above guidelines.
We know your test results are important and
we understand your desire to retrieve this information. Please be assured
that we will contact you immediately with any significant abnormality that
requires prompt medical attention as well as anything that is too personal
to be sent through the mail.
Otherwise you can expect to receive a phone call or a letter. If a letter is sent it will be mailed to the address you have submitted to our office. Please notify us if you do not receive your results within 7-10 business days.
- Patients that have regular PT/INR testing can expect a phone call within 24 to 36 hours if we must change your dose of Coumadin/Warfarin.
- Certain tests such as pap smears, stress test, x-rays, and antibody screenings will take longer before results are received.
- Please take the time to complete a self-addressed envelope for us to use to mail your results. These are available in each exam room.
Our practice office policy is to allow up to 24 hours to refill all prescriptions to insure your health and safety. We have a specific protocol for prescription refills that will ensure a timely response while avoiding medication errors. For routine refills, we ask that patients call their pharmacy. The pharmacy will then fax us a refill request.
Please research your insurance coverage. Items patients assume are covered and often are not include vaccinations, surgical procedure (such as skin lesion removals), well-child care and preventative visits (such as pap smears). Please be aware of what your insurance will cover. If you are uncertain, consult your insurance handbook or call your insurance representative. Payment of deductibles and co-payments is required at the time of service.
Blanchester Medical Services
849 E Cherry Street
Blanchester, OH 45107
Phone: (937) 783-4903
Fax: (937) 783-4518