Our history—1990s highlights
- CMH medical staff grows to more than 120.
- The Center for Healthcare Industry Performance Studies ranks Clinton Memorial Hospital as a top performing hospital in Ohio and in the nation.
- CMH adds a new technique to eliminate kidney stones and a new state-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system.
- CMH Family Medicine Residency Program and Family Health Center move into renovated and expanded facilities and begin their third academic year with a full complement of 12 residents for the first time.
- CMH AfterHours opens in Rombach Health Center.
- CMH Foundation raises $873,000.
- CMH East Clinton Medical Services opens.
- Bone densitometry services are added.
- CMH and YMCA offer a combined corporate wellness plan.
- Hospital adds treatment for symptoms of enlarged prostates.
- Corporate Health Services moves to Rombach Health Center.
- CMH unveils new site on the World Wide Web at http://www.cmhregional.com.
- CMH is approved as a provider of continuing nursing and medical education.
- CMH Regional Health System is unveiled as the new name for the hospital and other off-campus entities.
- New Family Medicine Residency Program gains accreditation.
- Community Mobile Health vehicle goes into service.
- Five residents in first class of residency program.
- Physician office and pharmacy are under construction in Sabina.
- CMH exceeds peers in percentage of board-certified medical staff.
- Emergency Department undergoes major renovation.
- CMH Regional Health System gets Wilmington Clinton County Chamber of Commerce’s large-business achievement award.
- Advanced CT scanner is installed.
- Hospital partners with other Ohio hospitals in the Community Health Plan of Ohio.
- Prenatal Center adds family planning service and becomes the Center for Women’s Health Services.
- Progressive Care opens.
- Community Health Enhancement and Education Referral (CHEER) telephone line is established.
- Advanced nuclear medicine imaging is installed in Radiology.
- Hospital-operated prenatal clinic opens across the street from the hospital.
- CMH Professional Building opens adjacent to the hospital.
- Hospital becomes smoke-free. Hospital Foundation is established.
- State-of-the-art, four-suite surgery wing is completed and opens.
- Mobile MRI services are offered for the first time.
- Same day care unit opens for outpatient surgery.
- Hospital begins $1.8 million renovation and relocation of surgical services.
Close this window