Our history—1970s highlights
- Helicopter transfer for emergency patients is initiated.
- CMH dedicates expansion and remodeling project providing the hospital with additional ancillary support and emergency services capacity.
- James Amos is named fourth administrator.
- NCR interactive hospital information system is installed for payroll, billing, accounts payable and general ledger.
- Construction begins again for the expansion of present services and to allow the addition of new services.
- Ground is broken for expansion.
- Operating budget exceeds $4 million.
- Hospital survey reveals doctor shortage.
- There are 10 family practitioners in Clinton County, or one physician for every 3,000 residents. The American Medical Association recommends one physician for every 700 residents.
- Hospital announces additional building plan.
- Hospital and community launch $325,000 memorial fund-raising drive for hospital improvements.
Close this window