CMH offers its physicians, staff, affiliated students, community professionals, patients, patients’ families, and consumers, a full-service professional healthcare information library center.
The purpose of the library is to provide easy, effective access to knowledge-based and evidence-based information and resources in support of quality patient care; medical, nursing, allied health and support staff education; and clinical and administrative decision making.
Accessing CMH Library Services
Access to information is the heart of sound judgment. Initiating access to the CMH library services is simple.
- On Site:
- Go to: CMH ShortCuts CMH Health Library Catalog → Links → Databases & Journal → Library Catalog & Newspapers
- Off Site:
- For access: physicians contact through your portal entry. Physicians and employees can e-mail email@example.com for reference searching.
- MEDLINE via Ebsco: Offers an extensive full-text collection of peer-reviewed medical journals.
- CINAHL via Ebsco: Offers an extensive full-text collection of core nursing and allied health journals as well as evidence-based care sheets
- PubMed: MEDLINE via National Library of Medicine. Allows access to full-text journals owned by e-Library via LinkOut. Provides a minimal full-text journal collection.
- Cochrane Library: Includes evidence-based references from MEDLINE, systematic reviews, and clinical trials.
- Winnebago Spectrum: Contains the Health Library Catalog offering access to a comprehensive professional and consumer health searching database. (Books, journals and other on-site resources are available to check out.)
Trained staff is available to assist in locating information. The National Library of Medicine, Library of Congress and other online databases are used for specialty searches. If needed, materials that are not immediately available can be obtained through Interlibrary Loan.
Having trouble accessing a journal? Need to learn how to use a research database? Contact the Library! The Library staff will be glad to assist you.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Located on the first floor of the hospital.
610 W. Main St., Wilmington
|Download a PDF brochure to learn more about our Health Library services.|