Discharge and Follow-up Care
Discharge and Getting Ready to Leave
From the time you were admitted to CMH, the staff has been carefully planning the course of care that would help you to recover enough to safely go home or transfer to another facility appropriate for your situation. As you prepare to leave CMH, you will want to make sure you have all of your belongings and all of the instructions for what you will need to do to stay healthy and take care of your self. A short check-list is provided to help you pack-up.
Do you have?
- All of your clothes, including shoes, pants, jackets, socks, undergarments, belts, shirts, etc?
- Any medications from home that have been temporarily stored by CMH?
- Any valuables you’ve asked CMH to hold for you?
- Your purse, wallet, jewelry or any valuables remaining in your room?
- Toiletries and make-up?
- Reading materials and other entertainment materials?
- Discharge instructions for how to follow-up with your doctor, what to do if you have symptoms and what medications you should be taking?
- Other education materials given to you by your doctor, nurse or therapist?
For your trip home please arrange for a responsible adult to pick you up and drive you home. We care about your safety so please obey the law and buckle up.
Your care is not complete until you have followed-up with your physician, according to your discharge instructions. This follow-up appointment is a way for your physician to make sure that your recovery is occurring as expected and to make changes to your plan of care and medications if it is needed. It is also a chance for you to ask questions about your treatment or condition. By following up, you are likely to recover more quickly with less complications and chance of needing to be readmitted for additional care later on. If you have questions about what you should do to follow-up with your physician, please call their office directly.